This website is run by Littleton and Harestock Parish Council. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- you cannot modify the line height or spacing of text
- older PDF documents may not fully accessible to screen reader software
- the website colour contrast is not fully accessible. This contrast can be changed using the accessibility tool in the top left corner of each page.
- some Headings may not be fully accessible
- some images do not have a text alternative, so people using a screen reader cannot access the information
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format please contact:
Lisa Fielding, Parish Clerk
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call: 01962 886507
We’ll consider your request and get back to you in 14 working days.
If you cannot view the map on our ‘contact us’ page, call or email us https://lhpc.org.uk/useful-contacts/ for directions.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact:
Lisa Fielding, Parish Clerk
• Email: email@example.com
• Call: 01962 886507
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Littleton and Harestock Parish Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances and exemptions’ listed below:
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
- The website colour contrast is not fully accessible. This contrast can be changed using the accessibility tool in the top left corner of each page.
- Some Headings may not be fully accessible. We will fix this accessibility issue, along with any other identified issues by the latest August 2021.
- Older PDF documents may not fully accessible to screen reader software – for example, they may not be marked up so they’re accessible to a screen reader.
- The accessibility regulations don’t require us to fix PDFs or other documents published before 23 September 2018 if they’re not essential to providing our services.
- Some of our documents are essential to providing our services, for example our meeting Minutes and Agendas. We aim to ensure that new documents meet accessibility standards.
- Some images do not have a text alternative, so people using a screen reader cannot access the information. We plan to add text alternatives for all images by September 2020. When we publish new content we will make sure our use of images meets accessibility standards.
We have not identified anything that qualifies as a disproportionate burden at this stage. We are still evaluating our site and will update this statement if we identify any issues.
Content that’s not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
The accessibility regulations do not require us to fix PDFs or other documents published before 23 September 2018 if they’re not essential to providing our services.
Any new PDFs or Word documents we publish will meet accessibility standards.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 18 September 2020. It is due for review by 31 August 2021.
How we tested this website
This website was last tested on 11th August 2020. The test was carried out by the Littleton and Harestock Parish Council Webmaster using SortSite.
We tested: www.littletonandharestockparishcouncil.org.uk